I turned 22 in June and I have decided to make list of 11 things I learned so far and 11 things I would like to do before I am 23. Are any of these things on your list? Do you have any ideas for me? Let me know in the comments below.
THINGS I’VE LEARNED SO FAR:
- It is important to do your best but make sure you aren’t hurting yourself in the process.
- It’s okay to not know what to do, to feel lost as an adult. The feeling is part of growing up and will never go away. It’s frightening but exciting!
- It is okay to cry. In fact, it’s good for you! (Blog post on this coming soon).
- Read as much as you can whenever you can.
- You can’t change the people you love. You have to accept them as they are and not expect them to give you the love you give them.
- Traveling is so good for you. It can shape you into the person you need to become.
- Don’t be afraid to be yourself. You’ll have way more fun if you just embrace your own personality.
- Sever any relationship that is toxic, that makes you an less of a person than you currently are. Choose relationships that raise you up, that make you feel good about you.
- Wear what makes you comfortable because, I guarantee, it will make you feel so much more confident.
- Anxiety and depression are not the be all and end all of your life. If you push them away with all your might, you will find better days on the horizon.
- As my mom always told me, “Fight, fight, fight.” You must fight for what you want, fight for what you believe, and fight to get rid of all those negative things in your life. You can do it.
THINGS I’D LIKE TO DO:
- Travel more often.
- Apply for as many full-time jobs in my field as possible.
- Attend the College of Makeup Art and Design in May 2017.
- Stay positive. Strive to be happy.
- Become at least 70% fluent in French.
- Stay in contact with family more frequently.
- Start an indoor garden (that includes lavender).
- Blog more often and restart my YouTube channel(s).
- See Loreena McKennitt live at Massey Hall in Toronto.
- Be more spontaneous.
- Finish writing my book.
Inspired by sunbeamjess’s video.
Don’t forget to follow me on all my social media!